A cyber attack has temporarily affected the transportation of fuel from Texas to New Jersey. The cyber attack on the Colonial Pipeline caused panic buying of fuel from consumers which can disrupt the fuel distribution, fuel shortage and increased pricing. The restoration of services should be completed by the end of the week.
How to preserve gas in your tank?
1. Coordinate your trips daily and try to avoid driving during rush hour.
2. Drive the most fuel efficient vehicle available for your trip.
3. Remove heavy items from your vehicle, which burns more fuel when accelerating.
4. Minimize the use of the air conditioner, by opening windows.
5. During hot weather park in the shade or use a sunscreen for your windows.