1. Budget your expenses such as vehicle transport, tips, airfare, hotel and moving companies and truck rentals.
2. Confirm with your employer if any moving expenses will be refunded or paid by your company.
3. Research moving and auto transport companies before receiving an estimate.
4. Review the insurance policy and contract information with each moving / transport company.
5. Retain all receipts for your moving expenses.
6. Place your valuables in a secure location and keep with you at all time whether your driving or flying.