Auto transport costs range between $200-$2000. Several factors affect the cost of shipping a car. If you’re looking to lower your costs, consider optimizing every aspect of your auto transport.
- Delivery and pickup dates: The more flexible you are with your pickup and drop-off dates, the less you pay. Rush shipping costs more than regular shipping, so plan ahead if you want to save.
- The size and condition of the vehicle: Smaller, lighter vehicles are cheaper to ship than larger vehicles. An inoperable vehicle costs more to ship than an operable one.
- Trip distance: It should come as no surprise that the farther your car needs to be transported, the more you pay.
- Dropoff and pickup locations: Urban areas are easier and cheaper to ship to, while remote, rural destinations cost more.
- Open or enclosed shipping: Enclosed shipping, which protects your car from weather conditions and road debris, costs more. Whereas open transport is more cost effective.
- Time of year: The auto transport industry has peak and off-seasons, depending on the holiday or weather.