26 Mar

An auto carrier, also known as a car hauler transports vehicles from one location to another on an open or enclosed trailer.  A carrier can own one or multiple trucks and must be fully licensed, approved by FMCSA - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and insured by obtaining general liability and cargo insurance from a reputable insurance company. All drivers are required to carry a CDL (Commercial Drivers License), if any combination of vehicles with a GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) exceeds 26,001 lbs.  A driver must abide by USDOT (United States Department of Transportation) rules and regulations.  Any driver requiring unrestricted access to secure areas of the port facilities must provide an approved TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card).  These carriers are independently owned drivers who haul sub-contracted work from other companies.                                

* The email will not be published on the website.